Writing for impact GCSE 9-1
A resource suitable for GCSE or Functional Skills English (L2) that uses an image of an old lady as the basis of a series of activities for students to learn/embed the following:
- To understand how to quickly plan a piece of writing,
- To consider genre, audience, purpose, tone and use language devices
- To improve the impact of the writing.
- Use A FOREST to remember language features.
The power point presentation (18 screens) includes:
- An example of writing about “the lady”
- How to score well in GCSE 9-1
- How to to create a character profile
- How to create a draft of descriptive writing in small groups or independently.
Finally, students assess their results and mark it against criteria out of 5.