Word Wheel Template (editable)
This is a basic editable word wheel which you can print, cut out and attach together with a brass paper fastener.
Learners can concentrate on one word at a time. Word wheels can be used for building vocabulary, spelling practice and much more. Suitable for all levels of Functional Skills and ESOL.
Instructions and ideas are included within the PPT. For example:
- Write positive or negative words in the table
- Look up words that are unfamiliar
- Test each other on positive or negative
- Give each other spelling tests on the words at random
- Use the other side of the paper to write sentences with each word in and teacher assesses
- Challenge each other to write definitions in the table under the wheel
- Use the other side of the paper to write sentences with each word in and peer assess
- Relate to Functional Skills assessments where they have to write letters or emails of complaint
For an online interactive word wheel (Flash) see this external link.