Entry Functional English listening tasks x 4
Submitted by Hazel Hughes on 28 August 2011.
Listening activities are few and far between but this fabulous set is ideal for, and fully mapped, to Entry 1 and 2 Functional English learners.
Based on four everyday listening events
- An announcement in a station
- A notice in a waiting room
- A news report
- A telephone conversation
Each provides practice listening for gist and detail in short explanations. The ‘waiting room’ PDF also provides practice with listening to instructions.
Each document includes.
- A transcript to be read aloud (or recorded and played back) by the teacher
(also available in a student-friendly printable version so that it can be used as an optional reading comprehension).
- A set of 9 open questions – these can be read aloud and answered orally or given as a written worksheet (Entry 2)
- A set of multiple choice answers for the same questions (ideal for Entry 1)
- Complete Functional English and Literacy SfL mapping information
4 x 4 pages
- Log in to post comments
More like this