Love Heart Literacy assignment
Submitted by Maggie Harnew on 4 February 2008.
Covers alphabetical ordering, adjectives, reading comprehension, sentences and web research for E2-L2.
Sadly the original background history (on which the comprehension is based) is no longer available on the Swizzels Matlow or Love Heart sites. However related information can be found at the following sites which can make a good introduction to the assignment.
- http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/working_lunch/7223294.stm (text but video is no longer available)
- http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/6589171.stm (the demise of penny sweets)
- http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/derbyshire/8045179.stm (boy gets sweet-taster job)
- http://www.responsesource.com/releases/rel_display.php?relid=36523 (love Hearts cheesecake recipe!)
- http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/consume… (Love Hearts maker Swizzels Matlow keeps clients sweet)
Please add your own suggestions by leaving a comment below
- Log in to post comments
More like this
A small error in the Entry comprehension text has been corrected (wrong date of fire was given). Many thanks to Jill Machin for reporting the error.
When I do this, I keep some ‘eating’ Love Hearts separate from the rest because I wouldn’t fancy eating something that’s been pushed around a mucky table by potentially mucky hands!