Entry Functional English listening tasks x 2
Set of listening actvities ideal for, and fully mapped to, Entry 1 and 2 Functional English learners.
Based on two everyday listening events
- A radio advertisement for a local estate agent
- An airport tannoy announcement
Each provides practice listening for gist and detail in short explanations & instructions.
Each activity includes.
- A transcript to be read aloud (or recorded and played back) by the teacher
(can also be used at E2 as a reading comprehension).
- A set of 10 questions – these can be read aloud and answered orally or given as a written worksheet (Entry 2)
- A set of multiple choice answers for the same questions (ideal for Entry 1)
- Complete Functional English and Literacy mapping information
For 4 similar activities see Hazel’s other set of listening activities under “See also”.