Adult Lit Wt/L1.1 Plan and draft writing
For a list of resources that cover this specific curriculum element SCROLL DOWN
Adult Literacy>Writing>Text Focus>Writing Composition
Wt/L1.1: Plan and draft writing
- Understand that planning must take account of purpose, context and audience
- Understand that planning needs to be sufficiently clear and organised to be used as the basis for drafting
- Know different techniques for planning writing, e.g. notes, lists, diagrams, flow-charts, spidergrams
- Know when planning and drafting are appropriate and when it is necessary to write something straightaway
Related Adult ESOL curriculum elements: ESOL Wt/L1.1a Apply genre-specific planning strategies as appropriate and ESOL Wt/L1.1b Make notes to aid planning
Example of application and level:
Plan and draft their own writing where the context requires careful thought, e.g. an ‘olive branch’ letter to a friend or family member, an article for a community/church/volunteer group/college news-sheet.
- Discuss alternative planning techniques. Plan some writing on a topic of personal interest using their own preferred method; exchange plans with another learner and compare techniques.
- Plan the key points to be included in an explanation of a familiar process. Draft and review for accuracy and clarity