ESOL Sd/E3.1b Take part in more formal interaction
Sd/E3.1 Make contributions to discussions that are relevant to the subject
Sd/E3.1b Take part in more formal interaction
- Take part in relatively straightforward interactions, and also begin to deal with more stressful situations such as making a complaint
- Know the likely pattern of interaction in a situation and use this knowledge to prepare, e.g. for a job or (i) (iii) Housing Benefit interview
- Adapt register to suit the formality of the situation
- Know and use lexis appropriate to more formal situations
- Develop ability to deal with the unpredictable in formal interactions Example: A single to Bristol, please. Do you know that the line's closed? There's a bus service that leaves on the hour from outside the station. Oh, how long does it take to get there?